The Ultimate Bilstein 6112 Struts and Springs Guide
Bilstein 6112 Release, Applications, and Overview
Bilstein has delivered their answer to Rancho's Quicklift Leveling system and Fox's 2.0 Performance Coilovers, albeit without being fully assembled. Bilstein's new 6112 kit features brand new coil springs, a massive 60mm digressive piston, and an adjustable spring seat for 7 different height settings. 7 settings is an upgrade over 5 settings on the 5100 series, which gives more refinement on your vehicle's ride height to be more precise with varying front-end loads. The thickness of the new shock (approx 2.65") allows for far more hydraulic fluid capacity over the 5100, Fox 2.0, and any of Rancho's products. This means greater fluid cooling than most OE-type shocks on the market, along with greater predictability and consistency through varying terrain.
Why leveling struts are better than strut spacers.
When using a steel or aluminum 'puck' as a strut spacer on top of the factory strut mount, this does a couple things to the suspension. It does not preload the coil spring, but rather it drops the entire strut tower down by the leveling amount, in relation to the upper control arm. This decreases droop travel (wheel bottoming out) because the strut tower is placed in a premature dropped position, with limited clearance from the upper control arm.
A leveling strut will use the factory coil springs, and will preload the coil springs, increasing the spring rate, and lifting the vehicle. By preloading the coil spring, this will make the ride slightly firmer, but will also allow for full travel out of the strut tower compared to the strut spacers.
The B8 6112 is a Direct Fit Application
OEM top mounts and isolators are reused for hassle-free installation.
Specs and Design
- 7 Height Settings, ranging from factory, up to 2.5" of lift.
- Large 60mm monotube for increased oil capacity, cooling, and long-term durability
- 60mm digressive piston for improved ride comfort and control over rough terrain
- Brand new vehicle specific cold wound coil springs
- Monotube and high pressured nitrogen gas design
- Reuses OEM top mount and rubber isolator
- Made in the USA
- Kit includes (2) front 60mm shocks, (2) spring seats and (2) springs
Current Applications as of July 2018
- 2015-2018 Chevrolet Tahoe (2/4wd) - Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-251922
- 2015-2018 GMC Yukon (2/4wd) - Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-251922
- 1996-02 Toyota 4Runner (2/4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-258624
- 2003-09 Toyota 4Runner (2/4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-260153
- 2010+ Toyota 4Runner (2/4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-259768
- 2007-09 Toyota FJ Cruiser (2/4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 46-227287
- 2010+ Toyota FJ Cruiser (2/4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 46-227294
- 2005-15 Toyota Tacoma (2/4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 46-241627
- 2016+ Toyota Tacoma (2/4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-234413
- 2000-06 Toyota Tundra (2wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-243729
- 2000-06 Toyota Tundra (4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-260337
- 2007+ Toyota Tundra (2/4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 46-206084
- 2004-08 Ford F-150 (2wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-255074
- 2004-08 Ford F-150 (4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-244566
- 2009-13 Ford F-150 (2wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-244634
- 2009-13 Ford F-150 (4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-244634
- 2015-18 Ford F-150 (2wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-258075
- 2015-18 Ford F-150 (4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-256958
- 2009+ Dodge Ram 1500 (4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-242548
- 2005-2018 Nissan Frontier (2/4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-266711
- 2005-2018 Xterra (2/4wd) – Bilstein 6112 Part# 47-266711
Cant decide between the 5100s or the 6112s?
View our Comparison Guide
The best of both worlds.
Designed for the serious off-road adventure seeker, the BILSTEIN B8 6112 kit is the ultimate suspension solution. This front coilover kit optimizes off-road and on-road capabilities with a 60mm digressive piston for increased damping control, and bolts into factory mounts.
The shock absorbers included in the BILSTEIN B8 6112 kit come equipped with an adjustable spring seat— perfect for leveling your vehicle, increasing ground clearance, and installing larger tires.
Features & benefits:
- Large 60mm body for increased oil capacity, cooling, and long-term durability
- 60mm digressive piston improves ride comfort and control over rough terrain
- Vehicle specific tuning
- Monotube design ensures consistent, fade-free performance in all conditions
- Adjustable spring seat offers 0-2.75in of lift, depending on the application
- Custom engineered cold wound linear springs for enhanced vehicle control and ride comfort
- Kit includes (2) 60mm shock absorbers, (2) billet hard anodized spring seats, and (2) springs
- Available for late model trucks and SUVs which utilize a front coilover suspension
- Made in the USA