Suspension Specialist & Sales Associate
Shock Surplus is an e-commerce company in the automotive industry, specializing in shock absorbers, struts, and other suspension system parts. We demystify all the technical information and suspension jargon for the every-day driver in order for them to understand what to expect with their purchases.
We are currently experiencing an exciting growth period, and are in need of a talented, hard-working, tech-savvy sales associate with expert-level suspension knowledge - or the desire to learn this specialized niche. This is a great opportunity to join a driven team of entrepreneurs as they improve and grow a new business. As part of a small company, this new hire will have the opportunity to gain experience across many disciplines.
- Provide expert phone and chat support for our customers and business partners in the area of automotive suspensions, with a particular focus on shock and strut application and installation.
- Assist leads from social channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, and Youtube with specific answers to their questions, and routing them to our website.
- Assist CEO & Sales Manager with generating sales material & marketing content.
- Research & assist with collection and development of content such as installation guides, educational blog posts, and curation of photographs/videos.
- This is not a remote work position. Our team likes being around other team members, the shop is bustling with installations, content creation, and education all the time. Not absorbing that is a detriment to members that are absent. Working from home is available on a permission basis.
- Passion for the automotive performance industry, or being an outdoorsman / adventure enthusiast of some sort that relates to what our core customer experiences on the weekends.
- Minimum of 1 year, ideally 2+ years of experience with suspension parts
- A fantastic attitude and strong work ethic
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Excited to become an automotive suspension expert by learning from our experienced team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with a great phone demeanor
- High-level proficiency with a PC and the Internet, including Microsoft Office & Google applications
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from a 2- or 4-year institution preferred but not mandatory
To apply, please submit (1) a current resume and (2) a cover letter describing your experience with suspension systems and auto parts. Omitting a cover letter will result in an immediate pass.
- Do you have weekend hobbies? We want to hear about them
- Do you like upgrading your vehicle? We want to hear about it
- Do you already have industry experience and connections to bring to the table? Let's hear it!
More about Auto Soss: Established in 2013 by a second-generation automotive expert, Shock Surplus uses cutting edge technology and a positive attitude with customers to gain market share in the suspension niche of the automotive suspension retail industry.
Our product is knowledge and experience, providing real world feedback on the many brands in our category.