Our shock service aims to make it as painless as possible to refresh your ride. We specialize in rebuilds of off-the-shelf parts. We currently do not do custom valving or tuning.
What you get with our service
- Notification when we receive your shocks, and checking them into our service department
- Video recorded inspection of the parts received
- Pictures of final product packaged for shipment
- Notification of outbound shipment
Accurate Turnaround Time
We aim for a 72-hr turnaround (Monday to Friday) from the time of receipt to the completed service and shipping of your package.
Service times are fluid, and we aim to give you as precise a timeline for service as we can. This will be based on the customer’s location, speed of shipment to Shock Surplus, and accurate representation of shock-condition.
Issues such as pitted shafts, busted hoses, bearing problems, etc. will have an impact on service, as those need to be ordered if not already in the statement of work between Shock Surplus and the customer.
One-year service warranty on all shock service (shaft refinishing required).
Brands We Service
We are currently servicing the following brands:
- The customer is responsible for shipping cost to and from Shock Surplus (discounted rates available)
- A cleaning fee of $25 will be applied for shocks that are very dirty. Ship your shocks back to us without springs. If you must ship the shocks back to us with springs, we charge $25 per coilover / shocks to remove the springs before we can service the shocks.
- We will re-use your packaging to ship the shocks back to you. We recommend using a heavy duty package or plastic crate, which eliminates the chance of fallout and damage in transit. Please use a package large enough for the shocks to be shipped back fully extended.
- Shock Surplus is not responsible for any contents that go missing during transit to our facility. We can and will send an invoice for missing hardware that needs to be replaced.
- A total fall-out where one or more shocks goes missing is the responsibility of the shipper, and a carrier (UPS, Fedex, DHL) insurance claim is likely.
|2.0 Shock Rebuild||$90|
|2.5 Shock Rebuild w/ (Standard) Buna Seals||$175|
|2.5 Shock Rebuuld w/ Viton (Race Performance) Seals||$190|
|2.5 Shock Rebuild w/ (Standard) Buna Seals and Upgraded Shock Oil||$190|
|2.5 Shock Rebuild w/ Viton (Race Performance) Seals and Upgraded Shock Oil||$205|
|Coil Spring Removal (Per Coilover)||$25|
|SDI E-Clik Reservoir Retrofit||$700|
We dive into a Fox 2.5 Factory series rebuild. These are different than the newer Performance Elite versions, the seal head is different, and the seal pack to rebuild is different.
Remove, Rebuild, Restore, Reinstall. For local Southern California customers, get in and get out with our Same Day Shock Service.
All 4 corners got new oil and seals, but one of the rears needed some extra help. The customer had no idea why only this side was so bad, any guesses?