About this Page:
Front and rear shocks are included in the base kit and price.
Springs and assembly are an additional option and cost.
Any changes to the default selections in the drop down menus will either upgrade your shocks or add additional parts to your build (IE., control arms, springs, etc.). By default, those additional parts and upgrades are not selected. All additional options have their associated change in prices.
This Lift System is built to your personal vehicle specs and will be pieced together for you.
Estimated time to deliver will vary from 4-8 weeks.
Contact your sales rep for details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bilstein's 6112 shocks are the go-fast go-big upgrade over the 5100 series. With a much thicker body and 60mm piston, the damping ability of the 6112 exceeds normal 2 inch shocks. More damping surface from the 60mm piston provides more consistency in similar terrains vs the 5100, Less work required with the 2.6" 6112 results in less harshness and more comfort. Another big advantage of the 6112 shock are the various height choices to account for different weight loads or tire clearance requirements. With Bilstein's build quality and reliability, these shocks do not need to be serviced as soon as similar 2.5" shock offerings.
This kit uses the 6112 front shocks and springs as the baseline, with interchangeable rear shocks according to lengths required. Rear lift options at 2" or greater will require an extended length rear shock to accommodate.
Bilstein Front 6112 - 47-234413
Bilstein Rear 5100 - 24-186728
- Uses new included coil springs for the 6112 shocks, lift height is achieved through the numerous circlip rings on the shock; adjusted prior to install.
- 60mm piston means more damping surface volume, and having to do less work than a smaller (2in) shock or 46mm piston, one word - consistent.
- For more aggressive offroad use compared to the 5100 series
Fully Assembled Option - by selecting one of the performance coil spring and assembly options, Shock Surplus will fully assembled the front Bilstein 5100 struts, coil springs, and new top hats for easy installation. Lift heights are approximations and may not be exact for your specific setup.
Lean / Trim Spacers
These are either 1/2" or 1" spacers. 1/2" spacers do not require extended top bolts, but 1" will, which we do not supply. You can achieve 2.5" total lift by using the tallest height setting on the 6112 shocks, and a 1/2" strut spacer.
Front Spring Options
Standard springs in this 6112 kit come at 600lb, while 650 and 700 rates are available for an additional cost. We cannot swap out the 600lb included springs for the HD options, the HD springs must be purchased along with the base kit. Going with a heavier spring rate is meant for additional weight requirements, and only using them to achieve more lift will net a much firmer ride.
- Base Kit - 600lb Springs Included
- Bilstein B12 - Medium Load - 650lb - 1 x 53-291387
- Bilstein B12 - Heavy Load - 700lb - 1 x 53-291394
- Eibach - 600lb x 14" Springs - 2 x 1400.300.0600
- Eibach - 650lb x 14" Springs - 2 x 1400.300.0650
- Eibach - 700lb x 14" Springs - 2 x 1400.300.0700
Upper Control Arm Options
All available arms allow for more suspension articulation compared to stock arms on a lifted vehicle, and easier alignment, which is important when lifting the vehicle 3-3.5".
- ARB/OME - UCA0005
- Bilstein B8 - 51-304683
- Camburg X-Joint - 310078
- Camburg Uniball - 310036
- Camburg Kinetik Billet Aluminum - 310184
- Eibach Pro Align Arms - 5.25470K
- Icon Vehicle Dynamics Tubular Delta Joint - 58450DJ
- Icon Vehicle Dynamics Billet Aluminum Delta Joint - 58550DJ
- ProComp Suspension Uniball - 57002B
- SPC Light Racing - 25470
Rear Lift Options
There are many options to lift the rear of your Tacoma, with their own pros and cons. Traditionally we recommend a progressive add-a-leaf setup that both improves handling and height requirements with the additional weight, without negatively affecting ride quality too much.
- Eibach Pro-Truck +1" Billet Aluminum Lift Block - LB81-82-007-01-02
- ProComp +1.0" Steel Cast Lift Block - 65151
- Icon Vehicle Dynamics 1.5" Progressive Add-a-Leaf - 51100
- Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2-.5" RXT Leaf System - 51101
- Old Man Emu Dakar 2-2.5" Leaf Pack (0lbs-GVW) - EL111R
- Old Man Emu Dakar 2-2.5" HD Leaf Pack (Constant 500-700lb load) - EL112R
Old Man Emu Dakar will includes 1 x Fitting Kit (FK29), 4 x Ubolts (OMEU53B), and 2 x Rear Spring Bushing Kit (OMESB108) in the cost of the item which are all required.
Rear Shock Options
Bilstein 5125 and Bilstein 5165 options below will need to re-use factory mounting hardware, which must be removed from the existing shocks, to ensure proper fitment. Bilstein 5125 and 5165 are universal shocks, with the proper mounting, but require the correct hardware for fitment.
- Bilstein 5100 (default) - Good for 0-1.5" of lift
- Bilstein 5160 - Good for 0-1.5" of lift
- Bilstein 5125 - Good for 2-3" of lift
- Bilstein 5125 - Good for 3.5-5" of lift
- Bilstein 5165 Reservoir - Good for 2-3" of lift
FREE Shipping applies to all products shipped to the lower 48 United States.
All other shipping destinations that are available will be calculated at checkout, or you should contact us prior to your sale - contact us.
Shock Surplus ships to the following destinations, and more:
- All of North America
- All of Europe
- United Arab Emirates
- Most Asian countries
Contact us for a free direct quote to your location.
30-Day Hassle-free Return & Exchange Policy - Stuff Happens!
We sell only brand new, never-installed, authentic, brand-name parts. If your order arrives damaged, is missing hardware, appears used or pre-installed, or is incomplete in any way, we will jump into action to send replacements. We can usually have replacements sent immediately for these rare cases of damaged, incomplete, or incorrect orders.
Shock Surplus allows returns and exchanges inside of a 30-day window starting from time of receipt by the customer. It is our mission to make every transaction smooth, and fix any issues you may encounter.
- Products must be new, unused, and in uninstalled condition for us to accept a return.
- We do not accept installed parts, so be sure you have the correct part number(s) before attempting to install them on your vehicle.
- Returned parts must contain all associated hardware, otherwise that part number will be deducted from your refund.
Return Shipping Costs
We are available to make every transaction flawless for our customers, the Shock Surplus staff is available to guarantee fitment on every part we sell. Shipping costs responsibility are as follows:
- Misboxed Item - Shock Surplus Responsibility
- Incorrect Item Sent - Shock Surplus Responsibility
- Incorrect Item Ordered - Customer Responsibility
- Order Error (Address, Vehicle Fitment) - Customer Responsibility
- Changed Mind - Customer Responsibility
- Damaged in Transit - Shock Surplus Responsibility
Returns Under Customer's Responsibility
- Below 50lbs - $15 flat rate deducted from the refund. Shock Surplus will provide a shipping label to make this process as easy as possible.
- Greater than 50lbs - Discounted shipping rates to get the product(s) back to Shock Surplus, that amount will be deducted from the refund. 50lb+ packages are automatically labeled 'Oversize' by our couriers, and automatically incur a $25 charge on top of the shipping fee.
Returns under Shock Surplus' responsibility
- Free, we will provide a return shipping label and ship the replacement parts for free. If a refund is preferred, a full refund will occur.
- Orders are final, no returns
- Orders shipped to a freight forwarder in the US, are eligible for return if the product has not left the United States.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer and exporter to ensure correct items received before exporting. Shock Surplus is not responsible for items received once the freight forwarder has shipped the product.
Customers that wish to return products in order to exchange for different product will not be subject to a restocking fee. Our staff is on hand to make sure that your first purchase is exactly correct for your needs and vehicle, do not hesitate to contact us prior to your purchase through Live Chat or Email.
To start a return or exchange, please fill out THIS FORM, and be as specific as possible, and someone will be in touch with you in ~1 business day. The typical turnaround for a refund or exchange is 5-10 business days, depending on the complexity of the case. Exchanges are subject to availability of stock; any exchanges proving out of stock will be refunded to the customer.
You should expect to receive your refund within 5-7 business days of our warehouse receiving your return. The amount of time it takes for your refund to show up in your account varies by payment method, but typically takes 1-3 business days. You will also receive a message confirming the refund via the marketplace where the purchase happened. We wish we could speed up the process of funds reaching your payment method following a refund, but it is out of our hands.
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account (top right corner of the screen), view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu, and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item. You can also contact contact us for any return requests.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page.
Shock Surplus did an awesome job again by installed the new cap on my Bilstein 6112, it save a lot of time on the installation.
I wanted to lift my 2022 Toyota 4runner 1.6 in front with Bilstein 6112 and 1 in the back with B12 springs and 5100 shocks. After scouring the internet for the best price with the 6112 assembled to my specification Shock Surplus was a no brainer. They had everything in stock and shipped in a timely basis. Thank you, Shock Surplus!
Installed Bilstein shocks on my 2011 Chevy Silverado. Shocks showed up timely and the parts were in good condition.
18 Tacoma Bilstein 6112/5100
Pretty simple process. I ordered the 6112 assembled to a 1” lift. Everything was shipped. Tracking was great. Rides firmer then stock. Which I prefer. No front end drop when breaking. Leveled out the truck. I just wish the 6112 didn’t have the clip for height adjustment. For future upgrades So far I’m happy with the product.
Bilstein 6112 Kit
Quick and easy order/delivery, was replacing the hockey puck spacer on my 2017 Tundra 2wd Crewmax, the firmer spring means less preload and a much more progressive spring rate to **** up the square edge bumps yet firm up mid-stroke. The shock valving is perfect, could not ask for more! Give it an A+. The second clip position appeared to give about 2.3'' over stock. I have the 5100's on the rear already and the ride is really balanced now. Nice tech help on selecting products from these guys.